We are hiring...
Permanent Term-Time Part-Time Receptionist32 hours per week
Salary: £9.75 per hour
Become part off the team at Europe's oldest and most prestigious Judo and Martial Arts Club. The Budokwai began as a Judo club and still offers Judo classes throughout the week. We also offer regular Martial Arts classes in Shotokan Karate, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and Aikido as well as Hontai Yoshin Ryu Ju-Jitsu and Pilates.
We are looking for a suitably experienced, reliable and professional person to join our friendly team. You will be required to cover the busy periods during term time. Occasionally however, you will be required to work during the school holidays or at the weekend. You will be well presented and have excellent listening skills and be able to deal with members and visitors politely and effectively.
Duties will include responding to telephone calls and emails promptly and all day-to-day queries at the reception desk. You will welcome parents and children as they arrive at the Club, as well as keeping detailed class registers.
- Able to communicate effectively and clearly in English, both verbally and in writing
- Educated to GCSE grade C (or equivalent) in Maths and English (or equivalent)
- Must have previous reception experience
- Must be computer literate in Microsoft Word and Excel spreadsheets
- Excellent telephone manner, customer service and interpersonal skills
- Able to work effectively under pressure
- Able to use own initiative
- Good time keeping and organisational skills
- Have a positive and cheerful attitude
- A flexible attitude towards work and working hours
- Suitable to work with children
- To have knowledge of Martial Arts, and the Judo Association or to have an interest in the same
All staff at The Budokwai need a DBS. The Budokwai will apply for this on behalf of the successful candidate prior to starting work.
Candidates who wish to discuss the post informally or to obtain an application pack to apply, please ring Sabrina Francis-Murray on 02073701000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that CVs are not accepted and references will be requested prior to interview.
The Budokwai is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Any offer of employment made to the successful applicant will be subject to a satisfactory Enhanced Discloser with barred list information check and all pre-employment safeguarding checks to include satisfactory references.
We look forward to hearing from you!